Sunday, October 26, 2008

The Virtual Cave

The Virtual Cave

I tried potholing once and was terrified to be squeezing myself into sunken crevices of rock with no light, with plenty of green slime under my hands and knees.

I vowed I would never take another trip underground, but I have changed my mind, virtually of course.

At goodearthgraphics.com/vitcave you will be able to uncover the many dark and damp mysteries of the world of caves. Plus, you do not need to don a jumpsuit and headlamp in order to enjoy them.

Keen caver and photographer Dave Bunnell has amassed this vast collection of information and pictures from his 35-odd years of experience underground. The site is split into four key sections covering the different underworld realms.

When taking a virtual tour in pictures and words, you can find sights like the incredibly cool glacier caves in Alaska and Nepal show, and some hot and steaming action inside lava tubes.

No comments: